Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Where Are You Going This Summer?

As the lazy days of summer are approaching, many of us have vacations on our mind. In 10 days, I'll be enjoying a week of sand and the sea in Oceanside, CA with my family. Even if the June gloom sets in, I won't mind wearing that sweatshirt over my bikini since I find clouds and cool weather to be a welcome relief from the incessant sun and heat this time of year in Tucson.

My 19-year-old step son will probably be surfing, my 15-year old daughter and her friend will probably giggling whenever cute boys walk by and my 13-year old son will be building imaginary battlefields and military fortresses out of sand. And what will my husband and I be doing? My husband will likely be reading a computer magazine and I will be boogy boarding or swimming in the ocean or lounging on my towel and typing away on my Alphasmart (Oh how I love that device. I can do "work" in the most pleasant of settings). And if you're wondering if whenever I'm in the water, I ever think of Jaws, the answer is "yes," but to me, life is just too short not to enjoy every possible moment in the ocean. I can almost hear the waves crashing against the sand now.

No comments: